Recent Cybersecurity-related Funding
For a listing of all grants including archived cybersecurity grants, see Research Areas > Funding
- Dr. Wei Yu Earns Prestigious NSF CAREER Award Dr. Wei Yu, Assistant Professor in the Department of of Computer & Information Sciences, received the prestigious National Science Foundation's Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) award, titled "CAREER: Towards Secured and Efficient Energy-based Critical Infrastructure." With a total $436,453 in funding, Dr. Yu will spend the next five years researching how to make the national…
- Wei Yu and Chao Lu receive grant for $205,000 for “A Network Sensor-Based Defense Framework for Active Network Security Situation Awareness and Impact Mitigation” Wei Yu and Chao Lu received a grant award of $205,000, entitled “A Network Sensor-Based Defense Framework for Active Network Security Situation Awareness and Impact Mitigation” from US Air Force through Intelligent Fusion Technology, Inc. November 21, 2013 to Feb. 27, 2016
- CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service (SFS) at Towson University (S. Azadegan, J. Dehlinger, S. Kaza, B.Taylor, and W. Yu). National Science Foundation (NSF) DUE-1241649, 10/2012 – 9/2017, $2,093,834
- Design and Evaluation of HealthCare Information Security System (S. Acharya) Funded by: Information Services, Altoona Regional Health System (ARMS), $234,000 March 2011 – February 2014. Additional funds for Meaningful Use Stages Implementation – $78000.
- Security Injections for CS0, CS1, and CS2: Promoting Responsible Coding and Building a Community of Security Ambassadors, S. Kaza & B. Taylor, NSF Cybercorps $451,879, 2012-2015
- Membership Inference in a Differentially Private World and Beyond (W. Yu), National Science Foundation (NSF). CNS-1117175. 9/2011 – 8/2014, $164,040
- A Distributed Host-Based Intrusion Detection Framework for Military Network Operation (W. Yu), Army Research Laboratory (ARL). Grant #: W911NF-11-1-0193. 05/2011 – 05/2014. $154,333
- SPLASH: Secure Programming Logic Aimed at Students in High School (B. Taylor and A. Dudley), National Science Foundation CyberSTARS Program: $95,000, 2013-2014
- Grant: Information Assurance Scholarship Program S. Azadegan, DoD IASP 10/2012-8/2013, $51,456.
- Grant: An Integrated Modeling and Simulation Framework of Power Grid and Communication Networks (PI: Wei Yu). Source: Prometheus Computing Inc. As part of a federal contract from National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Duration: 9/2012 – 09/2013. Amount: $40,792.
- A Network Sensor-Based Defense Framework for Active Network Security Situation Awareness and Impact Mitigation (W. Yu, C. Lu ), Intelligent Fusion Technology, Inc. As part of a federal SBIR contract, $40,000, 2/2012-9/2012
- Programming Logic Course with Secure Coding for High School Girls (A. Dudley and B. Taylor), Department of Defense IASP Aug. 2012-Jul. 2013, $36,000
- Helping Bowie State Develop a Case Studies Course in Computer Security (M. O’Leary, C. Turner), Department of Grant: Defense IASP H98230-11-100437, 8/11 – 11/12, $20,192.