M.S. Computer Science
With an M.S. in Computer Science from Towson University, you will meet the demands of the growing and changing field of information technology. The program’s comprehensive curriculum will provide you with a solid scientific and technical foundation for pursuing either doctoral work or advanced positions in business, industry and government. Graduates find high-profile jobs as software developers, web developers, computer security analysts and e-commerce analysts. If you don’t have an academic background in computer science or a related field, you can complete prerequisite course work in Computer Science and Mathematics.
COSC Graduate Program Objectives
- Students can apply advanced skills in theoretical and applied computing principles to solve a variety of problems.
- Students can work effectively in teams and communicate effectively.
- Students can design, develop, analyze, and evaluate software, software systems, and algorithmic approaches.
- Students can participate in, and be well prepared for, research and development in computer science in industry or academia.
With three concentrations to choose from and a a thesis option, the computer science program offers flexibility and variety. Whether you’re a full-time student or a part-time working professional, you can complete course work through convenient late afternoon, evening and summer classes.
Beyond the Classroom
Computer Science students put their knowledge and skills to work outside of the classroom in the wide variety of opportunities the program offers. Graduate assistantships are available in the department as well as internships with local employers and organizations. Throughout the academic year, the Computer Science department organizes numerous conferences and seminars, giving graduate students a chance to share their skills and make connections with local employers and industry leaders.
Depending upon your personal interests and career goals, you can choose one of four options for pursuing the master’s degree. Select the link to read more about each program:
- Computer Science – a broad degree with an overview of all major applications.
- Software Engineering Track – the design, implementation and support of software programs.
- Computer Security Track – the design, implementation and support of protect data security.
- E-Commerce Track – the design, implementation and support of software and systems for secure transactions on the Internet.