The Department of Computer and Information Sciences offers three undergraduate programs:
The work of computer scientists falls into three categories: designing and implementing software; devising new ways to use computers; and developing effective ways to solve computing problems.
The Computer Science program at Towson offers a:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with the option of the Security Track
- combined major in Computer Science and Mathematics
- combined major in Computer Science and Mathematics with Security Track
- minor in Computer Science
Information Systems (IS) is concerned with the information that computer systems can provide to aid a company or organization in defining and achieving its goals. It is also concerned with the processes that an enterprise can implement and improve using information technology. IS professionals must understand both technical and organizational factors, and must be able to help an organization determine how information and technology-enabled business processes can provide a foundation for superior organizational performance. They serve as a bridge between the technical and management communities within an organization.
The Information Systems program at Towson offers a:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- combined major in Information Systems and Business Administration
- combined major in Information Systems and E-business
- minor in Information Systems
Information technology (IT) is a label that has two meanings. In common usage, the term “information technology” is often used to refer to all of computing. As a name of an undergraduate degree program, it refers to the preparation of students to meet the computer technology needs of business, government, healthcare, schools, and other kinds of organizations. IT professionals possess the right combination of knowledge and practical, hands-on expertise to take care of both an organization’s information technology infrastructure and the people who use it.
The Information Technology program at Towson offers a:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at Towson University main campus
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at Towson University Northeastern Maryland (TUNEMD)