Web Application Developer
National, family-owned communications company has an immediate, full-time opening for an individual to develop and maintain software ranging in complexity from ad-hoc scripts to complicated provisioning systems, supporting multiple concurrent clients with high transactional volume. We embrace open-source technologies, and require someone able to work independently on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. This individual will physically work at one of our cable television properties in Hagerstown, MD, located in the western part of the state, approximately 60 miles from Baltimore and Washington, DC.
- Programming experience utilizing PHP or Python, Java
- Recent experience with LAMP
- Experience with SQL, MySQL preferred
- Experience with XML, SOAP, SOA methodologies, and WSDL
- Comfortable with Agile and traditional development methods
- Experience with a shell scripting language such as sh, bash, zsh, csh (or perl) and LDAP
- Proven ability to translate business needs into software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Experience refactoring code a plus
The successful candidate must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
We offer a competitive salary, and complete employee benefit package that includes:
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Paid Holidays
* 401(k) Plan
Interested candidates please visit the following web site:
www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number ANTM1087 to learn more about the position and apply.