We encourage our students to obtain internships as part of their studies in our department. Internship courses can be taken as part of the undergraduate Computer Science, Information Systems, and Information Technology degrees. Please visit the Towson University center center website to start your search and additional information on services, career advice, internships, jobs, career events, and networking.
COSC/CIS/ITEC 397 – Internship Course
Requirements for enrolling:
- Have an IT-related job
- No more than 20% of the job may be administrative or clerical
- Have a GPA in the major of 3.0 or greater
- Have completed at least two upper level courses (300/400) in the major
Process for enrolling:
- Fill out the Internship Description Form and get it signed by your supervisor
- Turn the completed form into Dr. Dehlinger
- Once the department verifies that you meet the requirements, you will get an email indicating that you have been authorized to register
For CS & IS majors: COSC/CIS 397 may be taken twice; it can count once as an elective in the major and then count the second time for general credit toward the total number of hours required for the degree.
For IT majors: ITEC 397 may be taken twice, both of which may count toward the total number of hours required for the degree.
For more information the internship courses (COSC 397, CIS 397, ITEC 397) contact Dr. Josh Dehlinger.