Beth, Blair, Sagar, Sidd
Call Beth @ 11:15 570.588.7375 Workshop at UCC date – 1/22 or 2/1? – beth 11a – 1p – lunch after UCC caters lunch
Sub-award with ACM – we should contact Craig Jacobson or Pat Ryan – beth, blair Travel to SIGCSE – budget considerations ($4k/year) Workshop at SIGCSE 1 day given by conf video recording – sagar reserve video camera for UCC and SIGCSE. Trial run at UCC.
Pre-survey followup with jo-ellen – sidd Contact other community colleges for workshop at UCC – Middlesex, etc. – Beth Make the flier for the short course – sagar, sidd date 1/22
Discussion about adding to syllabus: Maybe have a small group activity where 2-3 participants work to include the modules into their syllabus and assignments CS 2013 ironman 0.8 draft is out , steering comittee meeting in feb, Get student voice going for pre-survey and post-survey – sidd Dont overkill on the survey – get details from jo-ellen – sidd
sagar, blair, sidd
put the links on the homepage for workshop – sagar student voice set up survey – sidd
- get an account for sagar for student voice – sagar
contact irb to get exception for our survey – blair remind matt that he will be videotaped at sigsce – blair see the video that matt sent – sidd put java compilers on laptops – sidd (on their own), blair (on their own) get the server running on laptop and setup a wifi hotspot – sidd, sagar go over CS 1 integer error in java c++ – sagar, sidd pick student creative projects from class – blair put creative projects from blair’s class on website – sagar ask beth to send reminder – sidd ask beth to see what wording of objectives we need to put in syllabus – sidd find the slides of discussion questions from sigcse bof – sidd talk to kevin to see what he is doing for SEED workshops – sidd feedback link on modules – maybe wordpress plugin – sidd
put Build-a-lab webpage/poster – sagar, sidd
- sagar – class2go progress – sagar
- sagar – mooc usability study – sagar
what happened to permalink with the readable URLs – sidd, sagar Put a NSF support acknowledgement below the workshop agenda – this workshop is partially supported by … add diana burley’s grant number too – sagar make a list of attendees put on a webpage (preworkshop page) – sagar make a map with amabasadors embed – sagar make a new student projects page – emily, blair reimbursement forms from diana – sidd take sec inj mugs to UCC – sagar book camera for UCC – sagar
Send email to OTS, for site redirecting -Sidd Ask Sam for web cam -Sidd Add intro to agenda -Sidd Pick USB from Sidd. -Sagar Include security injections program in discussion questions. Pick discussion questions. Add some way to group sessions and discussion questions. Numbers and Tags (Extension to point 7). change name of secinj folder on triton server so its not accessible – do not delete. -sagar
- revise modules to conform to cs2013 language – sidd, blair
find all references to triton in hyperlinks in pages and replace them with cis1 – sagar remove feedback tab from printing of modules – sagar
andrew mangle from ccbc move more on project to right make table of KU and LOs – sidd flip the order of assessment to after module exercise – sagar remove passwords – sagar make discussion more scripted – break questions by groups, 5 groups move last few slides from imp of secure coding to segway to modules – sidd
Put the background of CS0, CS1, CS2. -Blair Add NA to Survey for comp, engg folks. -Sidd “Submit the checklist here” in CS0 has to be changed to “Print the checklist” -Sagar
- Make Python in CS1 -Sidd
- Make Code Responsibly stickers
Open links on Agenda page in new tabs. -Sagar
- Put URL www.towson.edu/securityinjections on home page -Sagar
Cartoon picture not showing – need to fix it. -Sagar Get captcha working -Sagar Add Video’s – Sagar
- Clarify from Robert Seacord about C++ Buffer Overflow regarding padding between buffers. – Blair/Sidd
Fix CS0 python. -Sidd Add alt text in Code Responsibly -Sagar Ask Marcy about mallots – Blair Edit video – remove head – Sagar look at conference schedule showcase – make more attractive – Sagar
- plan advisory board meeting in july- sidd
send email to all workshop particpants and include call for build-a-lab – Sidd security ambassadors (think about one) – cara@pcc? check sigite for workshops send survey results to jo-ellen – sidd
- talk to casey/cyberwatch – sidd,blair
send a build-a-lab call – sidd remove rss feed references- sagar remove teach security now (button) from home page – sagar add sec amb to the people page and map (bubble) with legend – sagar put banner on homepage for build-a-lab – sagar find out video editor for cybersecurity video – blair review build-a-lab and request email list for BOF- blair
add villanova workshop to dissemination – sagar change the date of build a lab to may 30th – sidd send a reminder about build a lab – sidd send targeted invites about build a lab – to cara, generate a report for which modules are being used – sagar create a youtube channel – sagar create a posts page so we can publish new articles – sagar Add passwords video in the discussion questions of the password module – sidd
- class2go – summer pilot – sagar
- remove hr from home page – sagar
rearrange website – blair, sagar, sidd setup PI and partners call in july – sidd come up with gatekeeper questions for input validation cs1 – blair, sidd
- setup a meeting with dr. qing li and reizelie about terms/guidelines for class2go based on literature- sidd
remove users from wordpress who dont work with us anymore – sagar contact EMF department – contact david reed
- Conference Calls
Build-a-lab conference call
- PIs and Partners call (bowie – jie yan, hcc – john mayhorne, aacc – trish, ccbc – jack) – emails first then follow-up later if needed
- Advisory board call (ken dewey, kara nance, robert seacord, eric sheridan, shambu)
Jo-ellen call – buildalab evals, can she write a portion of AR? Security Ambassadors call – Cara Tang
SIGCSE poster – October 28
- sticker art – Sagar
sec inj – input validation
- complete input valid, start working on buffer overflow, – jesse, sagar
- change backend architecture for instructor – jesse
fix the module links so students cannot go forward without answering questions – sagar
- fix workshops page remove
- test the input validation module and make it final – sagar, jesse
- change the checklist to color – jesse
- can we get dramatic results. are we asking the right questions?
- setup a meeting with rezelie – sidd
- google code issue tracker – jessie
- check nadine’s module
- record video with matt bishop
- contact jo-ellen for security ambasador evaluation
- update workshop schedule on website – soundarya / sagar
- cs0, cs1, cs2 workshop in the department on 24th – sagar,
- cs1 integer error in class2go ready
- upload the cosc 175 projects to websites
- give access soundarya to the s: drive and -
- sigcse travel arrangements – flight – sagar, blair, sidd
- sigcse poster creation needs to be done by march – sagar
- cisse – in sagar
- ask diana b – if matt is there?
- Need to work on IRB Approval.
- Get access to Splash Website – Soundarya
- Add http://www.clustrmaps.com/index.htm clustermaps to homepage to show visitors – soundarya
Annual meeting with Security Ambassadors
- The program
- Conferences to present workshops in
- List of conferences we have
- what other conferences might be appropriate?
- Evaluation – our evaluator will contact you, cara, phone call
- Cara – what can we improve about the program?
- changes to the agenda?
- Cindy – How would you want the payment stipend? travel?
- Have the reimbursements arrived?
- Do you have other security ambassadors in mind?
- Beth – have you heard of interdisciplinary IA minors?
- Did you get your payment?
- CCSC Regional conferences
- CISSE – March 3, 2014
- SIGITE – June 1
- ITiCSE – January
- Cyberwatch Events: http://www.cyberwatchcenter.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&Itemid=68&task=year.listevents
- ICER (Educational Research) Jan/Feb
- IEEE FIE (Frontiers in Education) Computer Engineering Focused – Feb
- Highschool workshop – Jan
- triwic – feb 7-8, 2014
- The league Community College
- SIGCSE – Summer, Workshop offered in 2013, 2014
- sagar presentation on security injections.
- references needs to be added for project
- Implementation plan need to be worked on.(task 2 needs to be done before task 1)
- we should get identities (how do we get them ?)
- feedback should be added for every module.
- add concept questions and quiz for student retention
- slide 9. implementation should be changed.
- work on html content
- need to get modules ready for spring 2014.
Jessy about breaking exam — done class to go create mutiple sections– jessy –done working on sec checklist-jessy, sagar–done
- We should do few pre questions and upload it to student voice. That should be done for 175 and also 236- sagar
- to change the module : change question 7 fro cs1 java integer error-sagar
A demo user name and password needs to be created–sagar –not done IRB follow up email needs to be sent – kaza Work on webpage upcoming events — soundarya, sagar work on cs1 java — check it as a student — soundary a
- need to create dash board for professors(instructors). at any given time instructor should be able to check status of course.
- need to work on the checklist.
- need to create helper functions for all the instructions.
- cs1 template is ready (work done)
- remove integer error part-sagar
- checklist all are working-
- xml has to be changed for each course for copying individual sections
- work on the students pairing random.
- prepare a document with all the instructions of randomizing process–sagar
- Dash board rough idea is discussed
- In one visual instructor knows what all he has done
- make it comma separated so that students can copy into excel
- create a visual for each module to see how much syllabus is completed.
- create registration for every student.
- let student select their pair by providing their email id and password.
- work on pairing issues and then work on dash board.
- pre-surveys are working.
- Write a utility that generates ans from xml
- migrate class to cis
- need to check with stickers and buttons.
- roll out security injections 2.0 by sisci
- COR – send jessy work in progress–sagar
- set up a video call with Matt
- Make a user name and password for Ahmed
- Need to talk to Ahmend to know class to go details
- Need to check with dash board. It would be needed at end of semester
- the bugs are more important now.
- jessy will work on bugs
- issue wth CS1 input validation.
- move checklist up with program
- we need to prepare 2 checklists and 2 codes.
- Need to send log in account for 4 poeple in 3 community colleges.
- This will be for CS0 only.
- prepare bags for the meeting
- Update details on maps
- work on stickers
- work on CIS-1 module.
- work on the poster.
- sagar has a presentation on secinj
- bag packed for 4/4/2014 conference
- update participants list in work shop
- work on the instruction sheets.
- convert the instructions to html-one week due
- issues with input validation in CS-0
- work on the checks in answers.
- remove the warning for answers .
- work on the partners
- work on testing the modules after instruction dash board is done.
- work on literature — sagar
- the module is crashing during the class.
- check with logs to fix issue.
- work on the splash website about the video in website.
- worked on maps
- worked on encryptions on website.
- worked on splash website.
- checked hands on experience for work shop module.