The SPLASH program was developed at Towson University to address the challenges of
- increasing interest and participation
- improving the preparation of girls in computing and cyber security.
SPLASH students enroll in an online section of an introductory programming logic course:
- COSC175 General Computer Science.
The SPLASH project allows students at schools which lack computer science courses to
- earn college credit
- gain exposure to secure coding skills
- enter college with a foundational knowledge in computer science.
By providing college credit for successful completion of the course, the SPLASH model complements the current AP test model.
This project is supported by the National Science Foundation under grants DUE-1241649. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.