It is an introductory programming logic course that prepares students to begin programming in any language. Upon successful completion of COSC175, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply the software development process.
- Analyze problems and design structured solutions.
- Understand, create, and apply simple data types and arrays.
- Create algorithmic solutions using basic control structures (sequence, decisions, loops) and functions.
- Compile, execute, and run simple programs (in C++).
- Understand the importance of secure programming.
Course Syllabus: (http://pages.towson.edu/btaylor/cosc175/syllabus/syll_175su14.htm)
SPLASH students receive 4 college credits upon successful completion.